Known as the last frontier in facial skincare, HydraFacial MD® represents one of the most popular facial cleansing treatments in elite aesthetic medicine clinics around the world, which Image Regenerative Clinic was the first to exclusively import to Italy.
How HydraFacial works
It is a non-invasive facial cleansing method that acts as a hydro-dermabrasion, thanks to a vacuum-effect nib, whose action purifies and cleanses the face in-depth while stimulating cell regeneration.
HydraFacial treatment develops in three phases:
- Active phase: deep cleansing with cleansing serum. All traces of make-up and impurities are eliminated.
- BHD phase: focuses on the central area of the face, the so-called “T”, more prone to impurities, sebum and blackheads. Dead cells are removed in-depth while the epidermis, after the application of both salicylic acid (known for its keratolytic and smoothing virtues), and glycolic acid (where necessary), is cleansed with a rich purifying solution based on dehydrated seaweed. During this detox phase there will be a good oxygenation of the tissues, and a delicate lymphatic drainage to stimulate superficial capillary circulation.
- Antiox-6™ phase: the spiral tip of the handpiece delivers a cocktail of highly moisturizing and antioxidant substances that restore firmness to the epidermis. They are hyaluronic acid, vitamins A and D (to neutralize free radicals’ action), white tea, horse chestnut seed extract (it has soothing properties to improve the resistance of blood vessels and act against damage from sunlight) and rosemary extract (contrasts oxidative processes). To complete this phase, there is the application of the Dermabuilder® serum. Based on peptides (small sequences of amino acids), it helps to recompact the skin tone, smoothing out deep lines and expression wrinkles.
Thanks to the ANTIOX-6™ phase, HydraFacial MD® has received the LNE Beauty Award as “Best Antioxidant Product” several times.
The deep cleansing of HydraFacial treatment, especially if in synergy with other Image Regenerative Clinic procedure:
- purifies, hydrates, and decongests the skin of the face;
- eliminates blackheads;
- prevents and reduces wrinkles and marks;
- reduces acne and skin irritations;
- improves and prevents enlarged pores.
HydraFacial is the go-to facial cleansing of Hollywood stars and VIPs, because, unlike traditional treatments, it is not only suitable for all skin types, but it also deeply hydrates and stimulates the epidermis, thus revealing itself as a care tool for the long term. In addition, it is a well-known illuminating booster before a particular event.
The method is also highly appreciated as a facial cleansing for men.
Image Regenerative Clinic exclusive protocols with HydraFacial
To enhance its results, HydraFacial MD® can be associated with other beauty treatments, becoming the basis of specific protocols.
HydraFacial MD® + Oxygen (oxygen-ozone)
Right after the HydraFacial MD® advanced facial beauty treatment, a special machine vaporizes oxygen and ozone on the face using an airbrush. The oxygen can be used in synergy with a moisturizing vial containing a pool of highly concentrated active ingredients, including vitamins and hyaluronic acid. For a fresher and more radiant skin.
Oxygenation of the dermal tissues stretches the epidermis visibly from the first session. Besides, there is the possibility to also add ozone – very advisable in cases of acne for its purifying, antibacterial and antiviral action.
HydraFacial MD® + Cupping (cupping therapy)
Inspired by an ancient oriental medical technique, cupping (or cupping therapy) involves a precious massage, carried out using glass cups, which is very effective in reactivating the lymphatic system and helping the microcirculation. Thanks to the glass cups, it is possible to treat delicate areas such as the eye contour and counteract liquid retention, draining and improving even the most resistant bags.
HydraFacial MD® + LED mask
The LED mask makes use of a plastic mask with LED lights which is placed on the face and which, determines a specific action based on the color of the lights.
In particular, the blue LEDs have an anti-redness and draining power, and are particularly suitable for acne and couperose; the red, on the other hand, reactivate the microcirculation and perform an excellent regenerating-age action.
HydraFacial MD® + Treatment with Obagi products
This “dual” treatment was born from an exclusive collaboration between HydraFacial MD® and the products of the internationally renowned Californian dermatologist Zein Obagi, the first to define the concept of Skin Health Science. In the last moisturizing phase of the standard HydraFacial MD® treatment, a specific Obagi therapeutic booster for redness or skin spots is added to the handpiece.
The first, Rozatrol, is a combination of plant cells, including hydrolyzed edelweiss which protects nerve endings, as well as broccoli extract and milk proteins which soothe and reduce redness. Its proven effectiveness against skin sensitivity is immediately perceived, while, over the long term, the treatment improves the symptoms of rosacea and couperose.
The other Obagi booster used in association with HydraFacial MD® is called Brightlive. It is specifically studied for hyperpigmentation and skin spots. This product contains melanin inhibitors, natural lighteners such as papain, collagen-stimulating peptides such as Oligopeptide-68 or Nonapeptide-1 and glycolic acid to promote the skin-turnover.
For whom it is appropriate
For all skin types.
Facial aging (the treatment prevents and reduces wrinkles), acne, hyperpigmentation.
After a light peeling, we proceed with the suction of blackheads and impurities, as well as the removal of dead cells. The treatment involves the application of glycolic and salicylic acid, the concentration of which depends on the type of skin. Finally, the serum with antioxidant action is applied.
50 minutes or more.
Sessions and frequency
3 treatments every 40 days. One maintenance treatment every 2 months.
Avoid exposure to direct sunlight in the week after the treatment and apply a full sunscreen.
Image team performs HydraFacial in Milan.
View HydraFacial prices on our pricing page, or fill out the form to request information.
How long does it take to see the results after HydraFacial treatments?
The skin appears more luminous, with no blackheads and improved in texture after the first HydraFacial treatment, but it is always recommended to repeat the treatment to maintain and maximize the results. Furthermore, the more the treatment is repeated, the longer the intervals between each last in terms of effects.
Is HydraFacial good for all skin types?
Absolutely, yes. Among other things, Hydrafacial is not a standard treatment, but the various phases are modulated in response the patient's skin type and on the individual skin condition.
Is the treatment with HydraFacial useful for acne?
HydraFacial is a deep hydro-cleansing of the skin, which purifies and hydrates, so yes, it is often indicated in anti-acne protocols, especially if combined with Oxygen, which contrasts redness and inflammation. However, where acne is very active with pustules in the acute phase, Image Regenerative Clinic experts suggest even more targeted treatments, such as the Pure Facial.